Monday, May 7, 2012

Wordpress Users...help?

So I need to create a group blog (really more of an online portfolio) for another class. We decided to go with Wordpress, but now I am completely stumped. I have the Suburbia theme, which is a magazine-ish one that is supposed to have images on top of little blurbs with the beginning of each post.

How do I add Featured Images? All that is showing up on the main blog page is the text of the post. When I click "Read more," it shows the image I put with the full post, but I want it to show up as a thumbnail on the main page too. I've looked it up and it seems like I have to do some kind of fancy coding stuff that I don't feel like doing. Is there an easier way?

2 comments:

  1. 1) Open the post to edit it, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page...there should be a "set featured image" link on the bottom right and select an image that is in your post or..

    2) Use "add media" to upload an image (if you want to put it in the post you can insert it then do this) then click "show" for images and there should be a link at the bottom of the picture's area to "set as featured image"

    ReplyDelete